Regional Sales Manager - Provider Solutions
Founded in 2005 and based in Santa Ana, California, Advantmed, LLC (dba RecordFlow until 2015) is a healthcare information management company that helps health plans, managed care organizations, and life insurance companies optimize revenue and improve quality outcomes.
Advantmed partners with managed care organizations to deliver the optimal combination of capabilities unique to each organization needed to achieve the objectives, including risk analytics, NCQA-certified HEDIS ® Measures software, medical record retrieval, medical record abstraction, risk adjustment coding, and provider education.
Field based Business Development Specialist for our Provider Solutions business unit will be responsible for new sales growth through outreach to prospective customers. His/her primary responsibility will be for generating new sales leads, closing provided leads and driving the use of Advantmed’s services to the medical community.
We’re creating something meaningful, and game changing for healthcare providers. We’re providing provider-led population health improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travel to defined geographies to sell Advantmed’s services into the medical community
- Contact potential customers at healthcare institutions including hospitals, clinics, doctors' offices to sell Advantmed’s services
- Arrange appointments with doctors, practice management and appropriate hospital teams.
- Cold-call or go door-to-door
- Deliver presentations to doctors or practice/hospital leadership staff
- Build relationships with medical staff.
- Provide competitive information such as products, services, bid situations, pricing data, or bundling arrangements in order to establish negotiated pricing contracts for services
- Perform product demonstrations
- Demonstrate outstanding routing, scheduling and Outlook calendar discipline for best use of time
- Improve product knowledge and sales techniques.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone.
- Calls /visits to company provided leads with the intent of gaining adoption of Advantmed’s Elevate! MD services. Advantmed’s target audience includes medical offices, healthcare groups and hospitals
- Develop and manage a constant pipeline of potential new accounts with the intent of converting them into Advantmed accounts
- Expected to meet or exceed assigned target metric objectives.
- Work closely with marketing and operations where necessary to ensure client needs are meet.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a consistent record of professional and personal achievement. Creativity, initiative, resourcefulness and an entrepreneurial spirit are a must, in addition to the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 3-5 years’ relevant sales experience in health care space including hospitals, private medical practices, medical groups and ACO’s; excellent track record for generating new business and engaging healthcare providers, medical groups and hospitals. Must be able to document a high level of achievement
- An understanding of Value-based Payer Plan business models and associated terminology for reimbursement and penalties
- Understand Release of Information services (ROI), Chronic Care Management programs (CCM) and PQRS
- Ability to meet aggressive revenue and/or profitability targets
- Effective, professional communication skills including oral, written and platform skills
- Critical insight regarding abilities, coachable and outstanding client relationship skills
- Dedication to teamwork
- An uncompromising commitment to quality and a passion for health care
Location: Field based, with occasional meetings at the corporate office in Santa Ana
Compensation: Competitive base salary and incentives. Company credit card for related expenses and car allowance
Reporting Structure: This role reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer or the Provider Solutions division